Saturday, May 28, 2011

Goodbye Lovely Italy!!!!




Today, Saturday May 28 was wonderful! I met up with my friend, Loredana Rizzo, near the train station in Venice. We met 10 years ago when she came to Spanish Fork as a foreign exchange student and became good friends. Thanks to facebook, I let her know when I was coming, and her and her boyfriend came an hour by train to spend some time with us. She is as cute and fun as ever! We meandered the breathtaking streets of Venice, looking at gorgeous Murano glass and gondollas cresting along the waterways.

For a snack they bought a plate of fried seafood... So, not knowing what I was eating, I partook... and they laughed at my reaction, especially when I needed to take the bones out of my fried sardine. My favorite was the fried squid! Yum!

After some more meandering, and picture taking we ate lunch ate a quaint cafe where I tried pasta with salmon and artichoke, delish! My favorite dish here in Italy. Of course the pizza has been divine, but my favorite is pasta.

I just want to jump for joy that I have the opportunity to be here! I have taken many pictures, and for sure want to return! Who is up for a trip? :)

I fly out tomorrow morning and am not sure how to get from the hostel to the airport... every person I ask gives me different directions. It will work, I know we have been protected and guided this whole trip!

And I bet I will hear Italy telling me as I take off "Ciao Bella!"

No comments:

Post a Comment