Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Uffizi Art and Gelato Festival... I love FLORENCE!!











Uffizi art gallery, one of the most famous in Italy! I was lucky enough to see paintings by Raphael, Michelangelo and Rembrandt! Those who know me, know I LOVE paintings. I do prefer French Impressionism and Russian 17th and 18th century, but this was an awesome opportunity!

Ashlee and I stumbled upon the Florence Gelato Festival!! So, we came to find out that Gelato was first created in Florence, so every year they have an annual festival in a beautiful town square in front of a palace. About 20 shops were there competing to create new, unique flavors. So we bought a card for 7 € (Euros) and could sample 5 flavors. We shared 3 flavors 1st Avocado gelato.. interesting, 2nd cucumber and fetta cheese (delish) and lemon with basil (slap in the face strong) I then tried Mushroom flavored gelato.... quite interesting!


1 comment: