Monday, May 23, 2011

While swimming in the Mediterranean Sea


Wow, what an awesome, action packed day! It all started when the alarm clock went off at 4:40 am, and for those of you who know me, that is no good :) And, there was a huge grasshopper in the hostel bathroom that was going to eat me, but alas, I escaped! The taxi ride was fast and furious, and the train ride to Cinque Terre (Chinkwa Terra) was gorgeous Italian Country Side. I loved loved the 4 cities we saw of the 5 connected on the edge of a cliff. We went on a 3 mile hike (intense hiking... it was a mountain) from Monteresso to the next city of Vernazza. Then ate delicious gelato, then went swimming in the sea!!! It was freezing at first, but soon I was loving it! I just canĂ t believe where I am and all that I am seeing! We then went on another hike, but much smaller from Manarola to Riomaggiore. You all need to come here, or at least check it out online.

I have crazy stories about trying to find the hostel, but more will come later. Also check out my traveling buddies blog!

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. But where are the PICTURES!?!?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Val, I can't post any pictures while I am here :( But, I will post them on FB when I get home. Thanks for checking the blog out! When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete