Monday, November 21, 2016

Blog Entry #8

  • ·       Are you making connections between course topics and Service Learning?  
    ·       Have you been able to articulate your own learning and understanding?  
    ·       Is the process of blogging helping you to think and notice things in your Service Learning?  
    ·       In what areas do you see growth or learning from the first blog post to the last?  

    I have been able to make connections between course topics and Service Learning. It has been very helpful to spread my shadowing hours out over the semester, so I can focus on different aspects of teaching and education. If I was to attempt my assignments all at once, I wouldn't be able to pay attention to details and take notes to assist my future career.  I have also been able to articulate my learning and understanding. This can be seen in Blog Entry #3 when I wrote about my learning of the importance of choices. On a field trip, the teacher gave students the option to choose who their walking buddy is. Every student needed a walking buddy, but they had the freedom to choose who it was. 

    The process of blogging has definitely helped me notice details in my Service Learning! In my Blog Entry #5 I discuss diversity in the classroom. I noticed the different ethnicity and how it is an example of Brown v Board.  I saw difference and growth from my beginning to most recent blog. I added more detail, and in the most recent blogs, I referred back to the lesson module more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment